Friday, April 12, 2013

APRIL 10 - 12, 2013



April 10, 2013, Wednesday. I didn’t go to the NH today. Carl reported that he went around 4 or 4:30 PM. He fed the birds. Mom was just returning from her bath. They watched the birds and he gave her a banana.
April 11, 2013, Thursday. I went to the NH about 2:15 PM. I fed the birds, blinds closed. I went to the office to get help with reapplying for Medicaid. They said I need the SS Award letter for 2013. I can’t find it.  I went to Mom’s room. Mom was resting on her bed, no glasses, no O2, no sound on DVD. I opened the blinds, cleaned her glasses.  We did some personal care while watching the birds. We channel surfed then I called for help to get Mom up. I changed Mom and got her up then C.N.A. Sandra came. I changed the DVD then accompanied Mom to dining room II for Bingo activity. I left about 3:30 PM. Mom’s dentist called and said they need a letter from the family stating that Mom needs dentures. Austin Dental Cares said they will email me the content necessary for the letter.
April 12, 2013, Friday. This morning I discovered that I can't open the document from the dentist on my computer so I called the Austin Cares Dental and asked them to send to my ACC email. I will open it and print it at school on Monday. I also forwarded it from my home computer to the ACC address. I went to the NH about 3:30. I fed the birds, Blinds open. Mom was on her bed watching the DVD, sound down, O2 on, glasses on. I encouraged her to get up and go to the piano concert but she refused. I gave her a chocolate and pushed button for help. Yvonne came immediately and between us we got Mom up. Yvonne changed her. Mom was recalcitrant and uncooperative at first. I brushed her hair with the conditioner. We watched the birds then she propelled herself from the room. I accompanied her to the dining room II. Jo the volunteer came immediately to ask what soft drink Mom would like. Mom refused to decide today. Jo brought her a cup of root beer with crackers and cheese. Tara (Recreation) took Mom’s photograph for the art exhibit. The pianist was good, playing favorites. The room was packed. I told Annie I was leaving and she is expressed excitement about Mom’s art work chosen for the exhibit. I left about 4 PM with Mom’s dirty clothes.

No comments:

Post a Comment