Saturday, April 6, 2013

APRIL 5 AND 6, 2013



April 5, 2013, Friday. I went to the NH about 3:20 PM. I fed the birds, blinds closed. I went inside the fenced area and got the broken birdfeeder. Mom was not in her room. I got a glasses lens wipe and changed the DVD to American in Paris and opened the blinds. The birds came. Mom was in dining room II at a table with two other residents, one was working a puzzle. I cleaned Mom’s glasses and noticed Mom had on the same pants as the day before. We sang and clapped with the music. I traced Mom’s hand and she traced mine and I did a small sketch of her. Mom had a root beer and that fake popcorn they serve. We returned to her room, the bed made and blinds closed again. I opened the blinds, no birds or seed so I placed Mom to watch me go to the car and get more seed. When I returned, Tina reported she had seen the hawk.  I gave Mom a chocolate and offered one to the C.N.A. She declined. I cleaned Mom’s hands and the birds came. I left Mom in her wheelchair, locked, in her room watching the birds and the DVD about 4:45 PM.

April 6, 2013, Saturday. I went to the NH about 3:30 PM. I fed the birds, blinds open. There was some feed in the feeder then I saw the fresh flowers in Mom’s room so I knew Carl had visited. The call light was on at room 205. Tamara from Recreation said she had put on the call light because Mom had said that she wanted to go hear the piano concert.  I changed Mom and did some personal care, we watched the birds then went to the concert. We saw Yvonne and she apologized for not coming in time to help. The concert was a medley of old favorites, beautifully played. Mom & I clapped and danced along with the music. We returned to her room, had a chocolate and Cheetos and watched the birds. We hung up the clean clothes I brought and I gathered her dirty clothes. Mom was slow with problem solving today. I wrote comments down for her today. Tina said something about Carl’s visit but mixed it with other stories so I’m not sure what she was talking about beyond gratitude for the flowers. Tina put Mom’s copy of the April Rec. schedule in Mom’s drawer and also said that she thought Mom may have hurt her elbow but I did not find any new injuries.  I posted the schedule, then accompanied Mom to the dining room. Mom propelled herself about half the way. I got Mom a coffee and left about 5:15 PM.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment