Thursday, April 4, 2013

APRIL 3 & 4, 2013



April 3, 2013, Wednesday. I went to the NH about 3:40. I fed the birds, blinds closed. Mom was in the dark in her room, glasses on, O2 on but the nostrils out of place, sound down on DVD. I opened the blinds and we hung up clothes that I brought. Mom was able to problem solve better after a few attempts. The med nurse brought Mom her meds and we talked about the birds which had come in a great flock. Grackles, Rock doves, white wing doves, sparrows. I cleaned Mom’s hands and gave her a chocolate. I got the polish, clipped & filed Mom’s nails, polished her nails. We channel surfed. I changed the DVD. I left her in bed watching Fred A. and the birds about 4:20 PM
April 4, 2013, Thursday. I went to the NH about 2:15 PM today. I fed the birds, blinds closed. I saw a flyer for Riley’s performance this Friday posted at her door so he must have visited. Mom was resting on her bed, watching the DVD, sound down, no glasses, O2 nostrils in place but machine off, no pants. I opened the blinds and checked the O2 compressor for water. It was low so I got the distilled water from the top of Mom’s closet, filled the bottle and turned on the machine. Mom said immediately “I’m hungry”. I got her a banana out of her drawer and a chocolate. I cleaned her hands with Purell first and she ate both. I raised the bed to sitting position, turned up the sound a bit and we watched the birds. I called for assistance. A C.N.A. came and we got her changed, pants on and into her chair. I gave the C.N.A. a chocolate, too. The C.N.A. took Mom’s vitals and had a hard time getting an O2 reading. Mom and I did some rapid nose breathing and she got a reading but it was low, barely 90. I brushed her hair, put cream on her feet & legs and gave her the chapstick to use. We went for a walk to the main office. Mom propelled herself about ¾ of the way. I set her by the front windows while I paid the bill and donated magazines. Mom said that she did Not want to go outside. I think that she could tell it was cold outside! We headed for dining room II where they were getting ready for Bingo. I saw Annie and she asked if Mom had any art to show in an exhibition so we returned to Mom’s room and I gave them one of Mom’s compositions from last November and told her that Pat Stein had Mom’s best work from the painting class. I left Mom at Bingo with a cup of cranberry juice and some cookies. I left about 3:20 PM.

No comments:

Post a Comment