Saturday, February 23, 2013

FEB. 22 & 23, 2013



February 22, 2013, Friday. I telephoned Austin Dental Cares this morning about 7:30 AM and spoke with Daniel about name change in Mom’s uppers. They now have the name “Henderson” in them and given the history of the dentures being lost that we should try to get the correct name on the dentures. Daniel said that they should be able to take care of it next Tuesday. Nurse Diane telephoned about 4:40 PM to say that Mom has another skin tear, same leg a little lower down. I said that I thought the foot rests on the wheelchair were a bad idea, that Mom has a lifetime habit of moving legs and feet even if she isn’t walking. Nurse Diane said that yes Mom does move w/c with feet as well as using hands on wheel rails. I almost removed them yesterday but didn’t. I went to NH about 5:45 PM. I fed the birds, blinds closed. Mom was in dining room, food was being served. I brought clean socks, scarf, hat, put them in her room and opened the blinds. I got lens wipe for her glasses and towel for a bib. Mom didn’t have foot rests on her chair and her wound looked well cared for, bandaged, not a lot of bruising. Nurse said that Luz had tended to it. I sat and assisted her eating. Mom was insistent about wanting to “go home” or with me, today. I think she does not like the dining room and the pulverized food. I got her chocolates from the room. I gave one to Tina, one to Mom and one to C.N.A. I left Mom in dining room about 6:30 PM.
February 23, 2013, Saturday. I went to the NH about 3:10 PM. I fed the birds, blinds closed. Mom was on her bed resting, no O2. When I came in she immediately started trying to tell me something, “By the Yellow, birds, TV” repeating and frustrated, saying “I can’t say it.” Then Annie from Recreation came in and pointed out the large can of donated birdseed. I changed the DVD to Carmen and opened the blinds. I got Mom into her wheelchair. We did some personal care and I got the nail polish out and we worked on her fingernails. Yvonne came and took Mom’s blood pressure, said it was good. Yvonne is protective of Mom (in a good way). Then the Med nurse brought Mom Meds (Mucinex and vitamins). We went to Dining Room II for the entertainment and chocolate cake/juice refreshments. Mom ate her cake independently and enjoyed the guitar, singing and banjo music by Geezer Grass, mostly folk music. The nurse said that Mom’s O2 levels have been good enough and Mom has been refusing the O2. I checked her wounds. One has scabbed over, no bandage and bruising is emerging around the new one. I put a band-aid loosely over the scab. I left Mom at the event about 4:15 PM.

No comments:

Post a Comment