Thursday, February 21, 2013

FEB. 20 & 21, 2013



I added to the Feb. 19 post re: dentist

February 20, 2013, Wednesday. I went to the NH about 2:35 PM. I fed the birds, blinds half open. Mom spoke to me as soon as I walked in, referring to “my little black car parked in the parking lot.” She was resting on her bed, TV off, no O2. I found her glasses cleaned them and we hung up clean clothes I had brought in. She had a shirt that I do not recognize and her slacks draped over her wheelchair are also new to me, but both were labeled “205B”. Yvonne came in and assisted getting Mom up and into her chair. I brushed her hair, etc. and we went to the painting activity run by volunteer, Pat S. Pat had a young assistant today, Leetah. Mom drew Leetah’s picture with water soluble pencils. Pat gave Mom a cookie. I left Mom in dining room II about 3:30 PM. I spoke with Mary from Hospice about a locking wheelchair for Mom then visited briefly with Annie from Recreation. I brought home dirty shoes.
February 21, 2013, Thursday. I went to the NH about 10:30 AM. I fed the birds blinds closed. Mom was sound asleep on her bed, teeth in, no O2, DVD on, sound turned up.  I hung up a couple of things, clean clothes, but there were no hangers so I took home some of the clean clothes I brought. I got the dirty clothes and put new plastic in liner in hamper. Tina said that the last “bingo & chips” was today so I said I would come back later and accompany mom to activity. Tina also had a detailed description of the hawk that has been feeding on the birds at our feeder. It sat on the fence close to the window, one day. I left about 11:15 AM, Mom still sleeping. I returned to NH about 3:30 PM. Mom was at the Bingo activity.  We played Bingo and won 3 games or so. The other two women at our table got into an argument. It was funny. Mom fluctuated between playing well to not understanding. She would put “extra” chips on the card sometimes and miss calls sometimes. She ate a small candy bar and a banana from our winnings and had two bags of chips left. We returned to her room and Mom got onto her bed. I swung the footrests on her wheelchair out so she could get into and out of the chair, brakes on. I told Tina that I think the hawk is a Harlan’s Hawk, a subspecies of the red tailed hawk, from her description. I got the name and phone number of the dentist from Nurse Diane but it was too late to call him today. I noticed the fresh flowers from Carl. I left about 5:15 PM

From Carl by email: Thurs. renewed the flowers. Mom was laying down without o2 so I put it on. The alarm went off and I noticed it was turned down to zero so I turned it up to 2. She had teeth in and they looked good. she wanted to talk but not over Tina.tv was on Fred and Judy .about  2 pm.

No comments:

Post a Comment