Tuesday, February 19, 2013

FEB. 18 & 19, 2013



February 18, 2013, Monday. I went to the NH about 2:40 PM. I fed the birds, blinds open. Mom was resting on her bed. Yvonne came in and assisted me to get Mom into her wheelchair. I changed the Spanish warning sign to one printed on Computer but used Riley’s blue tape to post it. I brushed Mom’s hair and checked her out for a ride in the car. We went around the neighborhood and got a Coke at the convenience store. Mom was not responding appropriately to spoken directions so I wrote down some comments. “What do you see?” And she responded to the written text. She was fiddling with her hands so I gave her a fingernail file and she filed vigorously. Then quit and seemed more attentive. I turned off the radio. When I went into the store I put the radio on. Mom enjoyed the ride and did not want to get out when we returned to the NH. But I got the W/c and she got in it and we went inside. She did not want to return to her room, then she did. I left her in activities in dining room II with a puzzle. I left about 4 PM.


February 19, 2013, Tuesday. I went to the NH about 3:30 PM. I fed the birds, blinds closed. I opened the blinds.  Mom was in dining room II at the crafts activity, painting a toy bird house. I assisted her with a second one. She was adamant about painting the birdhouses one color all, over. One green and one red. I wrote her name on hers as they will glue decorations next week after the paint has dried. Carl came by and checked flowers in her room. He said he will bring new flowers tomorrow. He added to the birdseed. I cleaned her hands and we returned to her room for a chocolate. Yvonne was there getting everything ready for the evening. Mom and I went for a walk to the covered patio. Mom propelled herself about ¾ of the way. Grackles were there and we looked at the birds and the plants, flowers. We played patty cake. We returned to her room and I changed the DVD to Lions. Dr Jackson, dentist came to take an impression of Mom’s lower jaw for dentures. I told him that I thought that had already been done. Riley had called me last week and told me that a dental assistant was there taking an impression. He called his office and found out that Yes it had been done. He visited with Tina about a sore spot in her mouth, then left. We channel surfed some, returned to the DVD and I got colors and coloring book out for Mom. I left about 4:40.

No comments:

Post a Comment